The first three training sessions of the 2019 / 20 season were completed with lots of enthusiasm and in fine style, with good numbers despite atrocious weather on two of the days. A big welcome back to last season stalwarts Aaron, Callan, Hayden, J-J, James, Speedy Josh, Ruairidh, Stuie, and Zach. Newbies to the club from town or elsewhere include Anton, Fergus, Forwards Josh, and Lee. Newbies to the team from last year’s P6/7 squad include Archie, Arran, Brendan, Callum, Gregor, Cody, Nicholas, and Robert.
In training so far, Anton looks like he knows his way around the front row, and will be a welcome team-mate for tight forwards Callum, Cody, Hayden, J-J, and James. As usual, Aaron has been as keen as mustard, and he and Ruairidh might provide a good back row nucleus. Others likely to fill the rest of these positions are Arran, Fergus, Forwards Josh, and Lee. Archie, Brendan, Robert, Gregor, Stuie, and Zach could all comfortably fill the scrumhalf and flyhalf positions, though the experienced and capable Zach may be needed wider out. Speedy Josh with his pace and big boot, Callan, and Nicholas may make an effective back three.
A big thanks to the older boys like Aidan, Ben, Cadon, Ethan, Hamish, Big Josh, Rainers, Ronnie, and Ryan, who have also either joined in or helped out.
· membership fee is £15 and needs to be paid soonest;
· consider buying a gumshield if you haven’t already got one;
· the club’s Child Protection Officers are Mairi Hendrie and Ailsa McAleer;
· we’re trying to arrange a one-off Saturday training session at Mallaig – let me or Blair know if you’ll need a lift;
· to play easy its important to train hard.
Keep up the good work and see you next weekend.